Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My Memorable Birthday in Manuel Antonio National Park



I had an amazing birthday with my children, Shannon and Christopher in Manuel Antonio National Park.  The pictures say it all...it was a dream come true by seeing a sloth and lots of other plants and animals in a rain forest. We had a great day at the beaches in the park and then had a delicious supper in an Italian  restaurant.  We topped it all off with a jump in the pool in our clothes, a cake and a gift at the condo, and a whip cream eating contest the next day.  It was a birthday that I will never forget!  Thanks, Shannon and Christopher for making it so special.


Christopher and Shannon waiting for our pick up at the office to go on the special birthday hike!

Christopher looking through the scope during our walk through the rain forest in Manuel Antonio National Park.

This is the crab that Christopher was looking at!  These crabs live in the rain forest not along the sea shore.

This was our interpretive guide telling us about the plants and animals along the way

This was a tree that is food for the monkeys nearby....called Horse Testicles....we got a chuckle out of that!

Here I am, the birtday girl, at a big moment in my life- I looking up at a three-toed sloth!  What an amazing birthday gift!


Isn't he cute!

Here's another one...they just "hang around", literally!

Here we are looking up at some loud howler monkeys...there were a lot of them!

Here are some bats that we saw in the trees.


Brenda at the sign in the park where the jungle hike turns into magnificent beaches.

After an amazing hike, we were treated to a view of a series of beautiful beaches!
T

Christopher, Brenda, and Shannon having a great day!

Another beach!


Another beach with howler monkeys in nearby trees.
Here is one of the howler monkeys I saw up in the trees by the beach.
 Costa Rica is so full of wildlife and beautiful trees and plants.  What an incredible place to visit!

What a wonderful birthday!

Christopher climbing a curved palm tree!

Shannon and Christopher playing at the beach.


Shannon sitting under a shady tree near the beach.

After a day in the National Park we went out to an Italian restaurant in Quepos. The fun did not end with the meal, after that we jumped into the pool with our clothes on!  The kids suggested it would be a fun thing to do on my birthday and I agreed, why not!?




Still more fun- we had a whip cream eating contest the next day....the squirting kind, regular and chocolate flavour!


Christopher won the whip cream eating contest!

1 comment:

Mme. Rogers said...

Happy Birthday Brenda! I am so envious of this amazing trip you are on. Hopefully someday I'll get to do something similar. Mind you, I did go to Korea and Japan this year, so I shouldn't complain afterall. I guess we'll be seeing you soon!

Cheers from your friend Carole